Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril XIV

Less Than Jake, "History of a Boring Town" from Hello Rockview (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I was at first surprised that "History of a Boring Town," an achingly perfect exemplar of Less Than Jake's theme of songs about growing up & leaving town, had never before basked in the SKApril limelight, but with so many great songs off so many great albums, & only one open spotper SKApril, I ought not have been surprised. That's what makes Less Than Jake SKApril All-Stars.
"A boring life in a boring town,
With the same old crowd (woah-oh-oh),
And I used to say that I'd never stay,
But I'm rotting here today (woah-oh-oh),
With that same old crowd
That's always been around,
And I always thought I'd be the first to go…"
For the record, I never thought I'd be the first to go.

No comments: