Friday, November 12, 2004

Hockey?
The bad news for the National Hockey League is that it's November and I don't miss the Red Wings. The good news for the National Hockey League is that I rarely watch any televised NHL games before the New Year; so, not missing the Wings might not be significant. Of course, I haven't been reading about them in the paper or online, which I normally would be doing at this time of year. I won't really miss hockey until January, after the college football bowl season, when I normally start regularly watching Wings games and randomly catching an assortment of other NHL games. But, man, this strike is such a bad idea. I hate to break it to the players, but the NHL doesn't get NFL- or NBA-type ratings and doesn't generate NFL- or NBA-type revenue; so, it can't afford to pay NFL- or NBA-type salaries. It's the free market in action; stop whing and go back to work.

H-A-N
Have a flirtatious night.

No comments: