Saturday, July 16, 2005

"A short skirt,
A Gimmes shirt,
A Jones Soda,
Ain't life grand?"

My stated position is that if I ever see a girl wearing a short skirt and a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt and drinking a Jones Soda Co. beverage, I will propose to her on the spot. Failing that, all I ask for is a girl who appreciates that there may be nothing finer in this world than the "Musical Depreciation Revue" of Spike Jones and His City Slickers.

Same Shit, Different Day
I'd complain about NPR and the fact that the jailing of Judith Miller for contempt of court seems to be getting more coverage than the aftermath of the London bombing, but I worry that I'm becoming a bit of a broken record.

I was talking to The Malingerer earlier (always a mistake), and he was horrified that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had been confirmed to the Supreme Court by a vote of something like 89-11. His position is that since Justice Ginsburg was once chief counsel for the ACLU, no Republican senator should have voted for her. I pointed out to him that that exact same argument, back by the opposite politcal persuasion, had been behind the defeat of Robert Bork's nomination to the Supreme Court, a deplorable act in my father's eyes. He denounces "the Left" (and sometimes I am included in that vast group) for their tactics, while at the same time embracing them wholeheartedly. Dear Bog.

No comments: