Friday, May 27, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party

#NeverTrump
Reel Big Fish, "Everything Sucks" from Turn the Radio Off (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: I selected "Everything Sucks" as today's R.B.D.S.O.T.D. yesterday, thinking the message "everything sucks" to be the perfect companion to Less Than Jake's message that "everything is overrated." This decision was reached before the news broke that the odious Donald Trump had secured enough convention delegates to be the Republican nominee for president. Fascism has come to America, sporting a terrible haircut.

Also, the season finales of the television shows
The Flash & Arrow were both duds, casting doubt on the viability of those once-entertaining programs & the shared "Arrowverse." The movie Captain America: Civil War was a disappointment compared to both its predecessor & the premise's innate potential, leaving the distinct impression that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is in irreversible decline toward creative exhaustion, if it's not already there.

So, of course not everything sucks: Defeatism is a lazy man's succor & despair is a serious sin. But it is a time-honored ska tradition to smile & dance in the face of seeming disaster, so here I go.
"She said she love me 'cause I play guitar,
That's O.K., I didn't love her at all,
And I sing: Giving up because:

"I know everything sucks, yeah!
I know everything suck, whoa-o-o!
I know everything sucks, yeah!
And this is gonna be the last time you hear me complain…

"And she said, "Someday, we'll get back together, maybe,'
And she said, 'Someday things will be much better, baby,'
But I don't believe her,
And I don't think I need her anymore,
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

"'Cause:
I know everything sucks, yeah!
I know everything suck, whoa-o-o!
I know everything sucks, yeah!
And this is gonna be the last time you hear me complain!"
The lyrics of "Everything Sucks" don't really apply, because this is far from the last time you'll hear me complain. Also, lest there be any confusion about my politics, let me add:

#NeverHillary

No comments: