Monday, May 9, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party


The Hippos, "Paulina" from Heads Are Gonna Roll (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: With apologies to the musician & actress Paulina Cerrilla, pictured above, about whom this song was not written.
"You think I'm square,
Don't like the clothes I wear,
The way I comb my hair,
The way I sit and stare at you.
It's just a game to take the spotlight off of me,
I'm just afraid of what you might think.

"Sing another stupid song
About everything that's wrong,
Girls and other surface things
Do mean a lot to me, but I,
I cannot let you in, let you in too deep,
I'm just afraid of what you might think.

"Paulina, you know this isn't me,
I've been dishonest, now it's time to come clean,
I said, Paulina, I'm the one for you, you'll see,
Just as soon as you see me.

"Don't walk away from me,
Listen to what I say!
Alright, I'm sorry,
I never wanted it this way.
I took it, took it too far with my insecurities,
I'm just afraid of what you might think.
I'm just afraid of what you might think…"

No comments: