Sunday, February 19, 2017

Project BLACK MAMBA: Backlog Edition


Saturday, 18 February was the feast of Blessed John of Fiesole, Religious, O.P. (circa 1395-1455, A.K.A. Fra Angelico): Blessed-link ūnus, Blessed-link duo, & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: Wayback Machine.

'Twas also the feast of Blessed John Pibush, Priest & Martyr (died 1601), martyred in the reign of the queen Elizabeth I: Martyr-link & Wikipedia-link.

Scripture of the Day
Mass Readings
The Letter to the Hebrews, chapter eleven, verses one thru seven;
Psalm One Hundred Forty-five, verses two thru five, ten, & eleven;
The Gospel according to Mark, chapter nine, verses two thru thirteen.

Mass Journal: Week Seven
Reflections by Matthew Kelly, founder of the Dynamic Catholic Institute:
Now is a time when we all need to rediscover Catholicism. I try to rediscover it every day, & when I seek in earnest to do so I am never disappointed. When I am able to set my ego & personal agenda aside, more often than not I am left in awe. Catholicism is old. But let me ask you a question. If you had an ancient treasure map, would you throw it away because it was old? No. The age of the map doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not it leads to treasure. Catholicism is a treasure map: It may be old, but it still leads to treasure. Let's rediscover it together, & help others to do the same.

No comments: