Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Lord's Day


The Daughters of Mary, "O Sacred Head Surrounded" from De Profundis (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Some think the Catholic use of the crucifix morbid. Not so! It is important that we are reminded of the Lord Christ on His Cross so as never to forget that we are the one who put Him there, that it was in reparation for our sins, not His own (of which there were none), that He offered Himself. The empty cross is good, the crucifix is better. I wear one like that pictured above, as a reminder of the debt I owe, a debt too great ever to repay. 'Tis also an outward sign for others, that they will help to hold me to the higher standard demanded by Christ of His disciples, yesterday, today, & tomorrow.
"I see Thy strength and vigor,
All fading in the strife,
And death with cruel rigor,
bereaving Thee of life,
O agony and dying!
O love to sinners free!
Jesus, all grace supplying,
O turn Thy Face on me…"

No comments: