Friday, February 3, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of Life of the Day!

The Aquabats!, "Best Day of My Life!" from Radio Down! (Captain Thumbs Up!)

Commentary!:
"Today's gonna be the best day of my life, so far,
Today's gonna be the best day of my life, by far,
I've no particular reason why
I think today's gonna be so nice,
But today's gonna be the best day of my life, so far!…

"When I say today's gonna be so great, it's just because!

"Just because I feel like having the best I can,
And if you don't like it, well, I guess that's your problem.
(Sorry, lighten up!)…

"Why would I need a reason (Why?) to have an awesome day? (No way!)
For me it's enough when I wake up to look around and say, 'Hey!'
Today's gonna be the best day that I have ever had…

"And if I fail to have the best day that I can,
Then I'll wait for tomorrow, and I'll try it once again…"

Donnerstag, 2. Februar
The Forces of Evil, "My Life" from Friend or Foe? (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: Though apologizing for another's conduct is diametrically opposed to the message of "My Life," if I am to follow that message & live my life according to my own conscience, then courtesy compels me to ask you to pardon The Forces of Evil's French.
"These days, everybody's got something they want to say to me,
These days, everybody's got advice on how to live.

"All you motherfuckers, well, you don't know shit,
This is my life and I'm the one who has to live it,
And I'll admit that I do not know shit,
But it's up to me, I'm gonna do it how I want to do it!

"I don't need your advice!
I can live my own life!
I can fuck it up myself!

"I know everything thinks I'm stupid, young, dumb, and naïve,
I know everything thinks they know what's best for me.

"All you motherfuckers, well, you do not know shit,
I've got a mind and I am not afraid to use it,
I know you shouldn't rhyme shit with shit,
But this is my song, I'm gonna sing it how I want to sing it!

"I don't need your advice!
Let me live my own life!
I can fuck it up myself!…"

No comments: