Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Anti-Valentine's Song of the Day


Blink-182, "The Party Song" from Enema of the State (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"And then I saw her standing there
With green eyes and long, blonde hair,
She wasn't wearing underwear,
At least I prayed that she might be the one,
Maybe we'd have some fun,
Maybe we'd watch the sunrise,
But that night I learned some girls try too hard!

Some girls try too hard,
And some girls try too hard to impress
With the way that they dress,
With those things on their chests,
And the things they suggest to me…

"Her volume of makeup, her fake tits were tasteless,
So I said I'd call her, but never would bother,
Until I got turned down by another girl at a party.

"So when you see her standing there
With green eyes and long, blonde hair,
She won't be wearing underwear
And you'll discover this girl's not the one,
And she'll never be fun,
You should just turn and run,
Because you'll find out that some girls try too hard…"

No comments: