Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

Fountains of Wayne, "Red Dragon Tattoo" from Utopia Parkway (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: As I do every year, I've had so much fun bashing Valentine's Day that I'm tempted to keep it up indefinitely, much like the SKAfter Party that followed SKApril '16. I'm not going to do that, just as I'm not going to follow the inverse temptation: to showcase songs that glorify the manifold splendors of love. That said, today's R.B.D.S.O.T.D. could easily be featured in some future year as a R.B.D.A.V.S.O.T.D., if one were so inclined. That's just the nature of the beast.
"Red dragon tattoo is just about on me,
I got it for you, so now do you want me?
With nothing to prove, will you be my honey? Oh yeah!
In you I confide, red dragon tattoo,
I'm fit to be dyed, am I fit to have you?…"

No comments: