Sunday, January 11, 2004

M2K4

Thirteen days until Opportunity's landing. Vaya con Dios, little Opportunity, do us proud just like your brother, Spirit.

Vote For Kodos
Because my boy* Deanie is on the cover (the marketing ploy worked!), I bought the latest issue of Time magazine. The article on Deanie wasn't very interesting, but they had a spread of photographs taken at El Presidente's ranch in Crawford, Texas. The spread was titled, quite amusingly, "...Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch." Within, I found my favourite picture of the president: he is wearing a heavy flannel shirt with a black T-shirt underneath, gloves, charcoal jeans, a huge Texas-sixed beltbuckle which reads "George W. Bush," and sunglasses. He is holding a well-used chainsaw and appears to be clearing underbrush. I like this picture because the president looks much more comfortable in jeans than he ever does in a suit; in a suit, he always looks like he can't wait to get out of it and into his jeans. He can't wait to get back to the ranch. I like that picture because I like George W. Bush. I do not like many of his policies, but I like the man. I would like to have him over for dinner at my house.

*By "my boy," I mean that I sincerely hope Dr. Dean wins the Democrat nomination for the presidency. I do this because I believe he would continue the fine tradition of George McGovern, Jimmy Carter ('80), Fritz Mondale, Michael Dukakis, and Al Gore and lead his party to glorious defeat this November.

No comments: