Sunday, January 11, 2004

A quote from Matt Pearce, head coach of the Grand Blanc High School Boys' Swimming and Diving Team, "Shit man. I've been killing them. They hate it, and I love it, man." Pearce was the assistant coach way back when I was on the team; back then he seemed to own forty-seven different Phish T-shirts. I'm so proud of the cruel tyrant he's become. Seriously.

Things I need to know more about (this is by no means a complete list)
a) Tamerlane
b) 19th century Mexican and Latin American politics
c) plotting a novel
d) how to live a health life and drop dead suddenly at age sixty
e) the Crusader States
f) Chinese history pre-1900
g) the USA PATRIOT Act (unbeknownst to most people, PATRIOT is, in fact, an acronym)
h) *shudder* Victorian literature
i) the Great War
j) the House of Hapsburg
k) the state of ska in 21st century America (there have to be good bands out there I haven't heard of, there just have to be)
l) how to trick a girl into liking me
m) the details of the Maastricht Treaty

That kid Raycroft you plays goalie for the Bruins? Man, he's killing me.

Tom Brady on the other hand, I love that guy. (On a related note, fuck Drew Henson.)

Vote For Kodos
We draw ever closer to the bizarre, Tammany Hall-esque exercise called the Iowa caucuses. What is it with those people? Why are they so terrified by the idea of *gasp* elections? Freaks.

No comments: