Saturday, January 24, 2004

My dad has not gone to work all week, citing illness. Yeah, I like how he's so sick he can stay up past midnight working on a war games project he won't even get to play until next Christmas. I like how he's so sick he can go back and forth between his study in the basement and the computer room upstairs consulting various reference materials. He's worked at AC/Delphi for thirty years; he has five weeks of discretionary vacation a year. If he wants to use those days because he just doesn't feel like going to work, that's fine. Just be fucking honest about it. Don't play for sympathy by pretending you're sick. Fucking jerk.

Banzai Beard Bonanza: Day 23*
The scariest part of this mess is that I'm actually looking forward with anticipation to how this monstrosity will look in March. Now that's disturbing.

*I meant to post this sometime Friday afternoon or evening, but my father was bogarting the computer the entire time.

No comments: