Sunday, January 25, 2004

Many Endeavours, One (Easily Distracted) Mind
a) school: I don't know if this is a good idea or a bad idea, but it's what my parents want me to do, and since I'm living in their house, I feel a certain obligation to indulge their wishes.

b) The Newsletter: If memory serves, producing one's own newsletter, no matter how intriguing the ideas, chews up quite a bit of time. That said, in preperation for the revival I've been studying the thirteen month run of the original and I cannot adequately express how happy those twenty-two issues make me. The Newsletter is joy.

c) The Space Pirates Project: We suffered the setback of the loss of all our records when the Forums rebooted, but I do not want to see this august project wither. I really think the tales of the crew of the pirate starship Scarlet Narwhal will one day make a really sweet cartoon show. Coming not necessarily soon to a television near you.

Teen Titans!
I cannot say enough good things about Teen Titans. This is a seriously good show. Behind all the truly funny jokes and anime-isms, it is a serious story about the Titans having to grow up in order to thwart their dark nemesis, Slade (voiced by the great Ron Perlman). Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, and Beast Boy. "T-E-E-N, T-I-T, A-N-S, Teen Titans, let's go!"

No comments: