Friday, April 30, 2004

Today feels like a Saturday. Both my parents have taken the day off work, I was awoken at far too early an hour to run automotive errands, and we're all going to get gussied up for the Mountain's music school graduation tonight.

Dead Wings
It was once pointed out to me that many sports fans refer to their favored team as "we" in times of victory and "they" in times of defeat. This practice is despicable; thus, I have resolved to refer to my teams as "they" in times of victory, in honor of the work they do that brings me such joy without them even knowing who I am, and "we" in times of defeat, to show my solidarity with their cause, especially through adversity.

You'll notice last night, after Calgary scored two goals in 18 seconds to tie the game in the second, I said, "we have to pull this out!" We. It is in that spirit then, that I would like to thank the Red Wings for living up to my faith and congratulate them on their brilliant 4-2 victory.

H-A-D
Have a knife-through-your-head-day.

No comments: