Sunday, November 7, 2004

Go Honolulu Blue!
I know Roy Williams is hurt, and I know we've lost Charles Rogers for the whole year, and that those two gentlemen are our top two wide receivers, but today's effort was pathetic. That many dropped passes, to my way of thinking, means only one thing: a lack of dedication and determination on the part of our remaining receivers. The offensive line left Joey Heisman to the cruel winds of fortune, in this case a dedicated defensive rush. *sigh* We are now 1-3 at home, and 3-1 on the road. Last year, we finished 5-3 at home; we will have to win out to equal that mark. I do not mean to be defeatist, but it will now take a minor miracle to finish the season 8-8. My preseason minimum expectations were 8-8; so, if the Lions finish 7-9 or worse, I will be sorely disappointed. With this team's talent, they should have easily won the last two contests, last weekend at Dallas and today against Washington. neither of these teams has done anything remarkable all season. And yet two weeks in a row the Lions have found a way to lose to inferior opposition.

Now is when we find out if Joey Harrington can carry us to any level of success. Now is when we find out if the Wayne Fontes era was the greatest success long-suffering Lions fans can ever hope to see. I believe in the Lions, I believe in the future. I'm just getting sick of the post-defeat ritual wearing of my Lions T-shirt.

Vote For Kodos - The Loyal Opposition
Maureen Dowd was on Meet the Press this morning. I laughed and laughed and laughed....

No comments: