Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
She & Him, "Ridin' in My Car" from Volume Two (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 30 Juli
Europe, "The Final Countdown" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "The Final Countdown" would be vastly superior as a purely instrumental song, and were it considerably shorter.

Donnerstag, 29 Juli
Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London" via iTunes (The Watergirl, after a fashion)

Mittwoch, 28 Juli
Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer, "The Hot Situation" from Jalopy Go Far (T.L.A.M.)

Dienstag, 27 Juli
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Wasted Summers" from Pin Points and Gin Joints (T.L.A.M.)

Montag, 26 Juli
Barenaked Ladies, "Another Heartbreak" from All in Good Time (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I've forced myself to listen to All in Good Time several times through, something that listening casually to the album had never inspired me to do, and it's a tremendous bore. I find it impossible to pay attention to the entire back half of the album. The central purpose of rock & roll is to entertain, and in this All in Good Time fails. But for all that I'm not quite ready to give up on Barenaked Ladies as a quartet. Here's hoping for better things to come. How apropos:

"Hold on, here comes another heartbreak,
Hold on, here comes another heartache,
Too bad, but it's still a chance I had to take."

No comments: