Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Operation ÖSTERREICH | He's Dead, Jim

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 322.8 lbs
This weigh-in: 323.2 lbs.
Difference: +0.4 lbs.

I caught a cold from all the snot-nosed vacation Bible school kids I taught last week. It's not a bad one, as has become typical since I began regular use of Airborne, but still I've been pounding ginger ale to soothe my sore throat. It's necessary, but at over one hundred calories per can, it adds up.


This particular bout of the dreadful sick is lingering, methinks, due in part to the sleep deprivation from this week's poker fundraiser, which I've been de facto chairing since the chairman bugged out for the whole week, never actually asking me to do his job, just handing me to materials & walking away. The Christian life isn't all retreat highs, praise & worship buffoonery, & spiritual consolation; sometimes, it's the drudgery of simply showing up.

Bonus! Lied von ÖSTERREICH
Tennessee Ernie Ford, "Sixteen Tons" from Sixteen Tons (The Last Angry Ginger Ale Addict)

No comments: