Saturday, January 11, 2003

Why am I blogging on a Friday night? The answer is twofold: a) I am a loser and b) I just got off work (I was subbing for the other sup named Mike W.; once again, no good deed...). Neutral Man, the Flying Dutchman, and I had talked about going out after I got back, but now their terrifying friend Grizzly Adams is here. I hate that guy. Shit, I actually wanted to go out.

At work, I realized I've got a little crush on this evening's lifeguard, Elizabeth. (Trivia: her full name is Elizabeth Anne Wilson. My sister's is Lisa Anne Wilson. Lisa is a derivation of Elizabeth. The end result, I have a crush on my sister?) I've known Elizabeth for a couple years now. Here's the thing, I can't have a crush on Elizabeth, I find her mildly annoying. She does not know how to stop speaking, and I've never encountered anyone with a higher opinion of herself. Yet here we are. As I've said before, and will assuredly say again, life is a strange enterprise. (Trivia: Lisa's initials are LAW. She is, of course, a lawyer in Washington, DC.)

No comments: