Sunday, August 8, 2004

American Wedding - Updated!
Yesterday, I attended the marriage of Eric Salenski, whom I've known my entire life, and Jodi Griggs, now Mrs. Jodi Salenski. A good time was had by all, and I can now say I've attended my first hippie wedding. Hippie wedding, you ask? Hippie wedding, I say. First off, the presiding minister was a woman (and to think, young Eric grew up Catholic with me at Holy Redeemer). There was a reading of a passage from The Prophet, another from a Hebrew text (Biblical? unknown), and a poem. The poem was actually quite good. At the end, the minister said, "And Jodi, you may now kiss your husband." Damn hippies.

The reception was an extraordinary Who's Who of Grand Blanc. The following is the most complete accounting of the attendees I can remember off the top of my head (I'm certain I've missed people, and I'm sorry about that):

Mr. & Mrs. Eric and Jodi Salenski (Jodi Griggs)
Mr. & Mrs. Bob and Rose Salenski
Mr. & Mrs. Jeremy and Sarah Hedden (Sarah Salenski)
Tyler Hedden (baby)
Mrs. Bernie Walkush
Mr. & Mrs. Elbert and Kristen ? (Kristen Walkush)
Pam Walkush
and boyfriend
Mr. & Mrs. "Iron Mike" and Kay Lubert
Mr. & Mrs. Dan and Irene Emeott
Luke Emeott
Brian Emeott
Doug Emeott
Mr. & Mrs. Tom and (I forget) Anderson
Matt Anderson
Dave Anderson
Katie Anderson
David Chang (M.D., Ph.D.)
Mr. & Mrs. Pat and Norma Oakes
Katie Kephart
John Kephart
David Whitman
Mr. & Mrs. Don and Debbie Lougheed (honorary GBers)
Mr. & Mrs. Norm and Sherry Sparling
Mr. & Mrs. Mike and (I forget) Bruckner
Mr. & Mrs. Chris and Elizabeth Wise (Elizabeth Siler)
Ethan Roelle
Lisa (last name unknown, but clearly from GB)
Jackie Dyball
Mr. & Mrs. Kevin and Kathy Keener
Mr. & Mrs. Keith and Kay Fritzsching
Jason Taft

Also attending the wedding and reception was Eric's former roommate the one and only Swimmer Girl. It occured to me when I saw her that I had assumed I'd never see her again, and not unreasonably. Neat! When she hugged me, she whispered into my ear, "I'm Laura." As if I could have possibly forgotten. By the way, she's still wicked hot. And having a wicked hot girl pull you toward her by your tie is never a bad thing. Nor is holding her around the waist and dancing with her.

Crap
The Calling

H-A-N
Have a bewitching night.

No comments: