Thursday, August 5, 2004

Boy howdy, do I love Green Day.

9/11 Circus & Vote For Kodos
I am not the world's strongest proponent of the 9/11 Commission. As you can glean from the "9/11 Circus" moniker, I am of the opinion that the Commissioners hurt their own credibility by granting so many high profile media interviews concurrently with the Commission's polarizing public hearings; they seemed to be more interested in grandstanding than in carrying out their mandate in a serious and sober manner. Nevertheless, the Commission's work was very important and as such I am presently reading the authorized version of its final report. I am not so naive as to think that the war on terror is not already a politicized issue and won't be used for political ends during the general election.

That said, I am genuinely distressed at Senator Kerry's assertion that President Bush is moving too slowly to impliment the Commission's recommendations. For Pete's sake, Congress hasn't even held any hearings yet! Now, you all know that I am not a fan of Congress (remember my charming proposal to repeal Article I of the U.S. Constitution and install the cast of Scrubs as the legislative branch?), but one cannot perform a reorganization of government as sweeping as that recommended by the 9/11 Commission without a public debate and without the people's elected representatives. The 9/11 Commissioners, for all their potential wisdom, are ten unelected citizens; the Senators and Representatives, for all their myriad individual and collective faults, are the elected spokesmen of the people. Though he is desirous of the Presidency, one would except Mr. Kerry, as the junior United States Senator from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, to understand that.

Crap
Bloodhound Gang

Again apropos of last weekend in the Big Apple, when I actually drank wine...
H-A-N
Have a bubbly night.

No comments: