Friday, March 30, 2007

Hat Day!
What in the high holy hell is wrong with me? Yesterday was Hat Day, we celebrated Hat Day, but I didn't bloggy blog about Hat Day! Jiminy Cricket, I must be getting senile. The Mountain of Love won his ten-gallon cowboy hat and I wore my M Rec Sports (University of Michigan Department of Recreational Sports) baseball cap. I think I was wearing that cap the night Braylon Edwards called me a prick. I love Hat Day!

Ricky Fitness
As expected, today's workout was profoundly unpleasant, but not for the expected reason. The maintenance crew repainted the walls of the fitness center this afternoon, finishing mere minutes before our arrival, they said; so, we opened up all the windows so as not to be overwhelmed by that horrible fresh paint stench. It's been raining all day and contrary to the opinions of many, Texas is not a single, contiguous desert. BTW South is not in tropical Houston (which is about as swampy as New Orleans), but "the Metroplex" is still in the relatively green part of Texas. So, I ran and lifted today in foggy humidness instead of our usual air conditioned "comfort" (fear not, I still sweat like a Wilson during every run; when it starts to get easier, I increase the speed of the flat stages or the angle of the ramp stages). But foggy humidness is better than choking on paint fumes.

No comments: