Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The morrow brings the Ides of March, dear friends and treasured readers, two thousand fifty-one years since Caesar fell to a traitor's blade. Be wary.

Parker Posey Appreciation Day
I had the day off; so, I spent the afternoon watching For Your Consideration and then watching it again with Christopher Guest and Eugene Levy's commentary. A Mighty Wind was great, but I think we can all agree it suffered from an acute lack of Parker Posey. Not so For Your Consideration! Score! So, having seen The Oh in Ohio and For Your Consideration, now I still need to get caught up with The Event and Adam & Steve and when possible Fay Grim (though the film to which it is a sequel, Henry Fool, wasn't that good to begin with), Broken Engish, and Spring Breakdown. Crappy remakes of crummy-to-begin-with Asian horror flicks are a dime a dozen; so, I think I'll be forgiven for opting out of seeing The Eye.

Great Caesar's ghost, who doesn't love Parker Posey Appreciation Day?

BTW South Song of the Day
Flogging Molly, "Tobacco Island" from Within a Mile of Home (Mt. Love)

Commentary: I'd rather listen to Aerosmith than Flogging Molly, and I hate Aerosmith's music with every fiber of my being. Bog below, I'd rather listen to nothing but the motherfucking Beatles for a whole year than suffer through another Flogging Molly album.

No comments: