Friday, February 27, 2015

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today we remember Saint Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, C.P. (1838-1862): Saint-link ūnus, Saint-link duo, & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: I availed myself of the sacrament of Reconciliation ("confession") this morning & my penance was to pray a decade of the Rosary. Very apropos, methinks, on the feast day of such a devout Marian saint.

Scripture of the Day
Personal Reading
The Gospel according to Luke, chapter twenty-two, verses thirty-nine thru forty-two;
The Book of Zechariah, chapter fourteen, verse fourteen.

Mass Readings
The Book of Ezekiel, chapter eighteen, verses twenty-one thru twenty-eight;
Psalm One Hundred Thirty, verses one thru eight;
The Gospel according to Matthew, chapter five, verses twenty thru twenty-six.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Robbie Williams featuring Olly Murs, "I Wan'na Be Like You" from (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I've never seen the animated feature film The Jungle Book, from which "I Wan'na Be Like You" hails; however, in my youth I saw many, many episodes of TaleSpin. I have a combined edition of Kipling's The Jungle Book & The Second Jungle Book on my bookshelf, but I've not yet read them.

The Wikipedia informs me that "I Wan'na Be Like You" is subtitled "(The Monkey Song)." Hee hee, monkey. Go ahead, just try & say "Monkey" without smiling.

No comments: