Saturday, July 13, 2024

The Rebel Black Dot Girl Trouble Song o' the Day

Reel Big Fish, "She's Not the End of the World" from Candy Coated Fury (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary:
"Punch me in the face,
Gash out my eyes,
Twist off my arm
And make me realize that
She's not the end of the world!

"Throw me down the stairs,
Hit me with a pipe,
Stomp out my brains
And make me realize that
She's not the end of the world!

"But how can I eat?
How can I breathe?
How can I sleep if she's not with me?
Oh, she feels like the end of the world!

"She's makin' a list
And checkin' it twice,
If I'm not on it then what's your advice?
Tell me she's not the end of the world!

"It's happened before
And it's happenin' again,
So slit my throat if you're really my friend,
Tell me she's not the end of the world!

"But why do I think?
Why do I try?
What if I drink myself til I die?
Oh, she feels like the end of the world!…

"And it's startin' all over again,
So if you're really my friend,
You'll put a rope around my neck
And you'll hang me right overhead!
She feels like the end,
She must be the end,
Oh, she is the end of the world!…

No comments: