Monday, March 26, 2007

Scroll down for an extra-wicked edition of "The Explorers Club," now with more extra-wicked.

Distaff Discourse
I spent a good deal of this weekend on my mobile phone having lengthy conversations with the current apple of my eye, my darling mother, and the most boisterous belle in Beantown, The Watergirl. I prefer "mobile phone" to the more widespread terms "cellular phone", "cell phone", and "cell" for two reasons. {a} I have always been something of an Anglophile and derive much joy from utilizing Britishisms in speech. I'd use more of them except I fear I'd look like a prat. I particularly love that Brits call their cellular telephones "mobiles." Most Americans wouldn't know what I'm bloody talking about if I called by phone merely a mobile; so, I use the compromise version mobile phone. {b} As a member of BTW, I am obliged to use "cell phine" in place of "cell phone." I'd rather not; so, I have sidestepped the issue by uncoupling the words "phone/phine" and "cell."

In any event, each of the aforementioned conversations was splendid, a too-convenient-by-half segue into our next item.

Codename: CHAOS
I troika troika troika of new codenames:

Pandora - mentioned above as "the current apple of my eye," she has another long-established codename here at The Secret Base, but for the time being I have decided to refer to her as "Pandora" to help provide an additional layer of security-cum-anonymity. This is not the first time I have had a long distance crush on her, but this time I am determined to get a measure of resolution one way or another.

Alistair - Formerly codenamed "Father Steve," he comments under the handle "Steve R." We were going to be roommates during our freshman year at Michigan until he was offered a load of scholarship money to attend Notre Dame. He is a truly good and decent man, father, and husband.

The Worrywart - It's about time my mom got a codename. Meet my mom and dad, The Worrywart and The Goldbricker. They drive me crazy only because I love them dearly.

Ricky Fitness
Taking two consecutive days off is a bad idea. I took yesterday off but ran today (I didn't lift) and I have to say I felt fan-friggin'-tastic both during and after the run. Six days on, one day off makes a leaner, meaner (especially meaner) T.L.A.M.

BTW South Song of the Day
The Eyeliners, "It Could Have Been You" from Sealed With a Kiss (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: