Friday, March 23, 2007

The Endurance
Reacclimating to the emotional roller coaster of a long distance crush has been and continues to be quite interesting. I've been reintroduced to all sorts of old sensations and random throughts, steadfast companions of days gone by, and it really does feel like I'm welcoming back long absent friends. Too long absent, I should say. Hello, gentlemen, it truly is wonderful once again to make your acquaintances. We have a lot of work ahead of us and I want all of you to put time and care into your preparations. The task before us shall be more a marathon than a sprint. I have always enjoyed the application of martial terminology to affairs of the heart, particularly the substitution of "Let's fight" for the nebulous "I love you" in Laws of Attraction; so, settle in for a long siege. I mean to claim her heart, a prize of prodigious magnificence, as the spoils of war. Endurance shall be our watchword.

By the by, I enthusiastically recommend the films The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition, a documentary based upon Caroline Alexander's book, The Endurance, and Laws of Attraction, a highly amusing work of fiction featuring, among other enticements, the incomparable Parker Posey.

No comments: