Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Explorers Club
No. CXLV - Samuel Pierpont Langley (1834-1906) and his fabulous not-so-flying machines.








The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Lenka, "Trouble Is a Friend" from Lenka (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I don't know if trouble is a friend of mine, but it was startling to me when I realized several years ago that unless I watch myself very carefully, I will almost always go out of my way to make things more difficult than they need to be.

But that's neither here nor there, "Trouble Is a Friend" is a phenomenal song.

"He's there in the dark,
He's there in my heart,
He waits in the wings,
He's got to play a part.
Trouble is a friend,
Yeah, trouble is a friend of mine.
So now don't be alarmed
If he takes you by the arm,
I won't let him win,
But I'm a sucker for his charm.
Trouble is a friend,
Yeah, trouble is a friend of mine."

No comments: