Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Eye of the Tiger
The good news is that Tiger appears to be suffering from the pussycat version of the dreadful sick. Upon veterinary examination, she was revealed to be dehydrated, hardly surprising given her refusal to drink water, as well as running a fever. All that seems a strange kind of good news, I know, but there was absolutely no sign of renal failure, fear of which was the principal reason I insisted she be taken to the vet. An antibiotic was administered and Tiger appears to be, ever so slowly, on the mend; she's drinking water again, though I still haven't seen her eat, and she's ambling around the house more frequently and more swiftly than on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. Come on, Tiger, I can't wait 'til you're back to your old self again.

Ill-mannered as befits Felis catus, I would like to extend on Tiger's behalf thanks to all those who expressed well-wishes. I credit the intercession on Tiger's behalf of Saint Francis of Assisi, whose aid I requested Monday night and for which I prayed the Rosary. Catholicism WOW!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Bar-Kays, "Too Hot to Stop" from Superbad: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: