Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Girls of September '79
Those sylphic beauties, the Girls of September '79, are turning thirty. And I've decided to mark the occasion with playful cruelty, reminding each in her turn that youth has passed her by. What can I say in my defense? Naught but that I turned thirty back in the summer, and it seems I've become a mean old cuss. Happiest birthday wishes to Mrs. Blinky (née Ham 'n' Eggs), whom I've known since elementary school. Happy birthday, Emma!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "Older" from Mink Car (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"You're older than you've ever been,
And now you're even older,
And now you're even older,
And now you're even older,
You're older than you've ever been,
And now you're even older,
And now you're older still."

No comments: