Saturday, September 19, 2009

Eye of the Tiger
My father came downstairs this morning to find Tiger dead, immobile and unblinking in the precise spot where four and a half years hence Sam laid down to die before we gently ferried him to the vet to be poisoned. That spot is where cats go when they know it's time to give up the ghost. I have not seen her yet, I'll save that trauma for when I bury her in the backyard later this afternoon. One week ago she was absolutely fine; when her behavior changed, we thought she was just sick. Later we learned she had a chronic but manageable condition, and overnight she slipped away. Though she was eleven, we only had her for three years, not long enough, not nearly long enough. I love you, Tiger.

Tiger Little Wilson
March 1998-September 19, 2009

Please do not leave any comments.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of Mourning
Elvis Costello, "God Give Me Strength" from The Very Best of Elvis Costello (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: