Thursday, June 19, 2014

No good deed goes unpunished. By no means should this dissuade one from performing good deeds, for we each & every one of us have a sacred duty to do all the good we can, I simply wish one to perform good deeds with one's eyes open. Try to be of good cheer, but never forget that no good deed ever goes unpunished.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Tennessee Ernie Ford, "Sixteen Tons" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: As far as I can recall, I was introduced to "Sixteen Tons" by the feature film Joe Versus the Volcano.

"You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
Saint Peter, don't you call me, 'cause I can't go:
I owe my soul to the company store…

"If you see me coming, better step aside.
A lot of men didn't, a lot of men died.
One fist of iron, the other of steel;
If the right one don't get you then the left one will…"

No comments: