Saturday, June 21, 2014

Project MERCATOR

Dan Potthast
w/The Revelry, Little American Champs, & It's a Secret
Sadie Lee House, Flint
Friday, 20 June 2014

What a weird but ultimately satisfactory night. I am still puzzled as to why Dan Potthast, the frontman of Mu330, A.K.A. "Dan Posthaste" & "Steve Roelle, the missing Roelle brother," wasn't playing at The Flint Local 432. I shall have to remember to pose the question to Joel, the Local's proprietor.

I spent a substantial portion of this afternoon & well into this evening at the Chevy House, at a going-away party for Juan Love, who has recently enlisted in the United States Navy & is soon bound for boot camp. More to follow.

Very early this morning, because I had to be in Howell by 9:00 A.M. for a K. of C. function, I meet a brother Knight at a coney island for breakfast, at his invitation. He was half an hour late. I thought that was rather rude.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
MxPx, "Party II (Time to Go)" from the Renaissance E.P. (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I thought about choosing one of Mr. Potthast's songs, but with attending a show in a residential house's basement last night & the party at the Chevy House today, today was more about parties than Potthast.

No comments: