Thursday, June 26, 2014

Project PANDORA

There are currently underway amongst the Holy Redeemer parishioners of my acquaintance no fewer than three separate efforts to set me up on a date, & ultimately to find me a wife. The first, announced some weeks ago, is the solo project of Brother Juliet Lima, a fellow of Cosmo Kramer's "unbridled enthusiasm;" he reports some difficulties in establishing direct contact with the intended match. I stumbled, almost literally, into the second yesterday, when two of the ladies in my Marian consecration group were apparently talking over the case before I entered the room; the intended match is "lovely, inside & out," & both ladies positively swooned when I said, "I'd be honored." (The poetry therein is that one of those ladies is the mother of Charlie Romeo, on whom I had a slight crush before she left on this summer's mission trip.) The third is the work of Brother Santa's daughter, Papa Bravo (née Hotel), who was working behind the scenes 'til he revealed the scheme this evening; her progress or lack of same is unknown. I am blessed & bemused to be part of such a community.

It has often aggrieved me, my inability to find & woo The Last Angry Bride, but in latter days a calm has come upon me, as I've realized that heretofore I've not been anywhere the near the man I need to be to be worthy of her whom I've loved as an idea instead of as a flesh & bone girl. I've wanted a godly woman as the mother of my longed-for children, but I've sought her in all the wrong places, pursued her as the wrong kind of fellow. Success is far from assured, & in this as in all thing His will be done no matter what that means for me, but the many kind persons playing matchmaker have opened my eyes to a new perspective on things that had dawned on me, but which I had been too blind to see.



The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
MxPx, "Punk Rawk Celebrity" from Secret Weapon (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: A fitting companion to yesterday's R.B.D.S.O.T.D., "Top of the Charts," "Punk Rawk Celebrity" also happens to be the very next track on Secret Weapon.

"You've made such a big mess,
But let's call it success.
You've made such a big mess,
Let's just call it success,
But we all know, (we all know,)
We all know, we all know you…"

No comments: