Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril!


Prince Buster, "Judge Dread" from Fabulous Greatest Hits (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: Prince Buster released "Judge Dread" years before the character Judge Dredd was introduced in 2000 A.D. (which occurred years before the film starring Sylvester Stallone was made), & I have no reason to believe Dredd was in any way inspired by "Judge Dread," but this is still the first image that came to mind when I began considering "Judge Dread" as a R.B.D.S.O.T.D.: SKApril!
"You rough, you tough,
You rough, you tough,
You rough, you tough,
You rough, you tough.

"Order! While my court is in session, will you please stand. First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Judge Hundred Years. Some people call me 'Judge Dread.' Now, I've come here to whoop you, to try all you rude boys for shooting black people. In my court, only we talk, 'cause I am vexed, and I am the rude boy today…"

No comments: