Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAugust

MU330, "Hang Tuff Hold Tight" from Chumps on Parade (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: The intentional misspelling of tough as "tuff" notwithstanding, the title needs a comma & thus should be "Hang Tuff, Hold Tight." Alternately, "Hang Tuff! Hold Tight!"

I espy the hand of Providence in today's R.B.D.S.O.T.D., specifically in its timing. I originally chose "Hang Tuff Holt Tight" to be Tuesday's SKAugust R.B.D.S.O.T.D., before the back-to-back inspirations to choose "Dr. D." & "Bad in Plaid." Unbeknownst to me when these decisions were being made, a time when Thursday looked like a light day, a day of most welcome respite from all my recent extraordinary exertions (atop & in addition to all my ordinary exertions), today is turning out to be diabolically difficult. I'm on the verge here. I needed to hear a message to hang tough & hold tight. I am in continuing need of taking that message to heart.
"When I look down,
I sometimes see the ground.
(Hang tough! Hold tight!)
I try to hold on,
But the van keeps spinning around.

"(Hang tough! Hold tight!)
The ride's not over yet,
(Hang tough! Hold tight!)
The ride's not over yet…"

No comments: