Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' Yesterday: SKAugust!


The Aquabats!, "Playdough!" from The Fury of the Aquabats! (Captain Thumbs Up!)

Skammentary! "Playdough!" appears on both of The Aquabats!' first two albums, The Return of the Aquabats! & The Fury of the Aquabats!, the latter as a bonus track. (I will always swoon that The Aquabats!' debut album is titled The Return…, hee hee!) The intro to this later version of "Playdough!" always plays like a nascent prototype for the Emmy-winning television series, The Aquabats! Super Show!

Hey, speaking of which, just yesterday The Aquabats! launched The Aquabats! Super Kickstarter!, a campaign to fund new music & new episodes of
The Aquabats! Super Show!: Kickstarter-link. The mini-episode introducing the Kickstarter campaign is well worth your time all by itself. Though I'm slaving away all summer getting my new job up & running, I won't start drawing a salary 'til the first of September, when the Kickstarter campaign closes; so, I'm scratching my head figuring out how I can participate. In the meantime, I strongly urge you to consider joining the Legion of Righteous Comrades yourself. The world needs The Aquabats!

#WeNeedTheAquabats
#WeAreTheAquabats

No comments: