Saturday, March 16, 2002

Friday night for the late collegiate/post-collegiate: nothing to do, nobody has the energy to go to the bar because half the group had had to go to work that morning, so we just went over to Justin and Emily's. The boys watched basketball, the girls talked about whatever the hell girls talk about (and because Mike's girlfriend, SSG, was there, I can assure you the discourse did not rise above the second-gade level). Still, there are worse ways to spend an evening, and for the most part SSG didn't bug me. I was the only single person there, the only person with no reasonable expectation of being engaged in the next twelve months.

NOTE: Mike's girlfriend's initials are not SSG. SSG stands for a rather insulting nickname. You see, her name is Julie. But I already have a Julie. And Mike's is vastly, immeasurably inferior; so, I derived the nickname SSG from somthing one of her old high school chums called her. I think it's hilarous, though I have to be careful not to use it around Mike. Sure, I don't intend to ever speak to him after college, but for the next few months he is useful.

No comments: