Saturday, March 2, 2002

There are currently two main obstacles to my Blog kicking ass.
1) I have no technical prowess at all. I've been trying to figure out how to make a few changes, but even the How To section is daunting. I'll eventually figure it out, but it will be slow going.
2) I don't know what I want this to be. Sure, it's "The Secret Base of the Rebel Black Dot Society," but I've never defined what I want the Rebel Black Dot Society to be. Is it just me? Is it in any way connected to Blue Tree Whacking? (See, one of the technical limitations I'm talking about is right here. When I write Blue Tree Whacking, I'd love to make it a link to bluetreewhacking.com, but I lack to acumen to do so.) I don't know if I intend this to be some kind of traditional personal webpage, or what. I have no clear destination; so, it's hard to know in which direction to travel.

Fuck it, just make sure you see "SLC Punk" (see, I'd like to italicize that). I am not and have never been an anarchist, but I'm a punk (thus the surface attraction), and it's always rare for a film's characters to actually try to figure out what they believe in (the philosophical attraction). You can do it, if you sit back and try to reason out why you hold the beliefs you do. Movies commonly preach, "Just find happiness." Yeah, go out and find that which makes you happy, but if you figure out what you really want, you won't wander around blindly from plot-device to plot-device. You might start bending circumstances to your will, making the world as you desire it to be. And I learned that Matthew Lillard (another great chance for a link) can act.

No comments: