Monday, March 11, 2002

I was caught in a monsoon yesterday. The wind was so fierce that the rain hit my face with such velocity as to sting. Real pain. The front of my pants were soaked, while not a drop got on the back. Avoiding a puddle, I slipped on a bit of mud and fell flat on my butt. My shirt was untucked, so I got some mud on my boxers (ew). I felt and looked like a drowned rat by the time I got home. Not surprisingly, as soon as I'd arrived, the wind died and the rain became a gentle drizzle. (Nevertheless, I maintain that I love irony.) I peeled off my clothes; I felt disgusting. I took a warm shower, exchanged a dollar bill for some quarters in Brad's monkeybox, and put all my clothes (including my beloved crappy blue jacket) in the washer. And then I was reborn.

Working on The Newsletter had put my in a foul mood, but after I cleaned myself up, all that was gone. I was happy. Just incredibly content with everything. It was weird in the best possible sense of the word. I felt like that the rest of the day. The world was luminous.

"We are luminous beings." -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

No comments: