Friday, March 15, 2002

I tried to blog on Wednesday, but the program would not respond. I could access my site to read what I'd previously posted, but I couldn't add anything new. The POST and POST & PUBLISH buttons just wouldn't work. It was frustrating, but in hindsight an example of Mike Wilson Luck. The things I wanted to post would have been petty and stupid, temporary lapses in being who I am; so, the technical failure worked to my ultimate, if not immediate, advantage.

Mike Wilson Luck is the principle that little things go my way all the time. I'm not talking about the big things, like being an upper middle-class American born in the late twentieth century, a time of unparalleled advancement and prosperity. I'm talking about little things, like not being able to post stupid blogs of which I would later be embarrassed. Sometimes I can't see Mike Wilson Luck working around me; that's when I know I've given in to self-pity. It's like a canary in a mine. Anyway, I'm glad for this one instance of it, and thought I would share.

No comments: