Thursday, March 7, 2002

I'm awful to Brad on a sadly regular basis. Sadly, Brad deserves to be treated awfully on a regular basis. Yin and yang. Actually, I quite like the symmetry of that. I am impatient with Brad, but in my defense, it is quite inconsiderate of him to enter my room and stand there as if he has something to say, then say nothing when I look up from what I'm reading and ask if he has something to say, and only speak once I've returned to reading my comic book. Ooooh, I hate that. Bastard deserves to be teased about his potbelly.

Brad and his mythical girlfriend, Missy (lovely girl, terrible name) always refer to Lindsay as if she is my girlfriend. It's very sweet of them, demonstrating an admirable loyalty, but it puts me in an awkward position. Still, I thank them.

I have been betrayed twice in the last year. Or rather, two men separately carried out the same betrayal. It was my fault. I trusted too soon based on too little. I was only able to be betrayed because I was forgot who I was. There are reasons in legion for my cynicism, I'd only forgotten. "That name no longer holds any meaning for me." "It is the name of your true self, you've only forgotten."

No comments: