Monday, March 25, 2002

I had the most unbelievably great weekend! I really hate to give you that teaser and then not provide the meat, but I just don't have the patience at the moment. I wouldn't even be blogging if the stupid printer wasn't being so slow printing out The Newsletter. Does it seem like I spend too much of my time on The Newsletter and not enough on school? If it does, it is because I love doing The Newsletter and I don't like doing school.

Personally, I have never been more "disillusioned" in the whole of my life. It isn't at all important to me to finish school, except that I know I would regret it later. But honestly, I don't even want to go to graduation; I'm only going to make Mom happy. I don't want to hang my degree up on my wall. I don't ever EVER want to open a conversation by saying, "I graduated from the University of Michigan." If I do, and you have ever considered yourself my friend, please shoot me in the back of the fucking head.

I've only wanted to hit one person with a brick today, but I wanted to hit her repeatedly. I lifeguard with her on Mondays and she talks through the entire shift. She doesn't care that it is agony to me, she just wants to jabber on and on and expects me to nod attentively. Sometimes, it's amusing. Other days, it's like it was today. If yesterday hadn't been the worst shift of my entire life, today might have been in the running. A moment ago I discovered a cool new blog, but I'm not yet sure if I can support it enthusiastically enough to endorse it. Only time shall tell.

Read Chynna Clugston-Major's Blue Monday! (I don't have the energy right now to establish a link.) It's ace!

No comments: