Tuesday, February 3, 2004

Federation Starship Dedication Plaques
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
"... To boldly go where no man has gone before."

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D
"... To boldly go where no one has gone before."

U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-2000
"No matter where you go, there you are."

U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." - John Masefield

U.S.S. Ulysses NCC-74297
"Tell me, Muse, of the man of many ways, who was driven far journeys, after he had sacked Troy's sacred citadel." (the first line of The Odyssey)

U.S.S. Aeneas NCC-2682
"Romans! These are your arts... To bear Dominion over the nations, To impose peace, To spare the conquered, and subdue the proud!" (from The Aeneid)

Banzai Beard Bonanza: Day 34
The facial hairs are curling relentlessly now, producing upon close inspection a slightly wild look. This bods ill.

Slightly Better Than John Navarre
Fuck Drew Henson. I hope that he is taken by an NFL team, earns to starting quarterback job, and them suffers a horrible, career-ending injury on the first play from scrimage. I don't want him dead, I just want him crippled.

Vote For Kodos
Damn it, why oh why couldn't Deanie hold off melting down until he'd secured a majority of delegates? Anywho, JFK is going to get the nomination, rest assured. On the strength of South Carolina (my least favorite state in the entire Union), Edwards will hang on for a while longer, but he's not going to be able to smile his way to the nom. Generalissimo Clark, winner of the United States's greatest. victory. ever. is a puzzling one; I have to be honest, I've heard him speak a lot, but I don't know where he stands on a single issue. I feel sorry for Joe Lieberman, because he so earnestly wants to be president, but it is never going to happen. Sorry, Joe. Give my buddy John McCain a call, he'll make you feel batter. I was sorry to see Gephardt drop out; having old school Big Labor guys around is always a hoot.

Are we in for a rerun of 1988, a George Bush versus a Massachusetts liberal? Fun and games await.

No comments: