Friday, February 13, 2004

Voe For Kodos: Special Holy Shit Edition
John Kerry, speaking before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, 1971:
In the course of the Vietnam War, American soldiers "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

I used to just disagree with Kerry's politics, but this, this is beyond the pale. I loathe Oliver North. Why? Because he lied to Congress. Whatever the faults of individual congressmen and senators, and they are legion, the Congress as an institution acts as the tribune of the American people. I can image few greater crimes than lying under oath to the Congress. John Kerry, in testimony under oath, lied to the Congress. This fact has been glossed over because his lies were about Vietnam, not Iran-Contra. I for one see little difference. I would be a hypocrite if I loathed Lt. Col. North without also loathing Sen. Kerry. Thus, I personally loathe John Forbes Kerry.

No comments: