Montag, 14. September
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Hardware Store" from Poodle Hat (Mike Papa Whiskey)
Commentary: Failure to prepare is preparing to fail. I failed to prepare to mow the lawn this weekend. I intended to do so on Saturday, but was feeling so happy after Michigan's victory over Oklahoma that I didn't want to sour the rest of the day by mowing. Mowing on a Sunday is less than ideal, but looking at the weather forecast (raining all day today) & my own schedule, doing so was the least bad option. Unfortunately, I had failed to prepare & only had two lawn bags on hand. I mowed as much as I could & made plans to wake up early on Monday, be at the hardware store as soon as it opened, & finish the lawn before my string of Monday obligations began with substituting as reader & sacristan for a gentleman who recently had hernia surgery.
I made it to the hardware store by 8:00 A.M. & bought the needed lawn & leaf bags. I did not start mowing until 9:00 A.M., out of respect for my neighbors. I filled four bags yesterday morning, six in total when combined with the two from Sunday.
&
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Living with a Hernia" from Polka Party! (Mike Papa Whiskey)
Commentary: I was surprised but pleased to see the gentleman for whom I was substituting at Monday's Mass. He's moving slowly & walking with a cane, but feeling better every day. This is wonderful news.

No comments:
Post a Comment