Team 147, Game 1: Michigan v. Western Michigan
The Specials, "(Dawning of a) New Era" from The Specials (Mike Papa Wolverine)
Skammentary: Have I mentioned how much I hate night games? Because I really hate night games.
I do not know Coach Whittingham & I have no reason to believe that The Specials are to his personal taste in music. Nevertheless, "(Dawning of a) New Era" struck me as an appropriate choice: Not only does Coach Whittingham have no previous ties to the University of Michigan, but he is personally friendly with Urban Meyer, whom Whittingham succeeeded as head coach at Utah. We remind ourselves that Bo Schembechler not only coached under Woody Hayes, but coached under Hayes at an Ohio State University. Whittingham coached under Meyer at Utah, years before Meyer was hired by the hated Buckeyes. Let us hope & cheer that 2026 more closely resembles 1969 (8-3, B1G 6-1), Bo's first season, than 2008 (3-9, B1G 2-6), Rich Rod's first season, the last time a genuinely new era dawned.
Go Blue!

No comments:
Post a Comment