Monday, February 2, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Aloe Blacc, "The Man" from Lift Your Spirits (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: This R.B.D.S.O.T.D. is dedicated to valiant Wolverine Tom Brady on the occasion of his fourth Super Bowl victory. I do not make the preposterous claim to having known that he would be as good as he has been over the last decade & a half, but I can report with fidelity that back in the day I was outraged when I learnt he hadn't been chosen 'til the sixth round of the N.F.L. draft. Hadn't those smug idiots in the No Fun League seen him play in college? The devil take the soothsaying charlatans at the "combine," all Tom Brady does is win! (Win league championships, that is, & set Super Bowl passing records.) Congratulations, Mr. Brady; 'twas a joy & a privilege to have seen you hone your craft in the hallowed confines of Michigan Stadium in 1998 & '99.

"Well, you can tell everybody,
Yeah, you can tell everybody,
Go ahead and tell everybody,
I'm the man. I'm the man. I'm the man.
Yes, I am. Yes, I am. Yes, I am.
I'm the man. I'm the man. I'm the man.

"I'm the man!…"

No comments: