Monday, February 23, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day

Eric Olsen with Chevy Chase, "Getting Rid of Britta" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Pardon his French. Also, I'm smelling future anti-Valentine's gold.

"Saying good-bye to Britta
Was the hardest thing to do,
But when someone's a bitch and a liar
There ain't nothing left to woo.

"I'm getting rid of Britta,
I'm getting rid of the B.
(She's a no-good B.!)
I'm getting rid of Britta,
I'm getting rid of the B.
(She's a G. D. B.!)

"I didn't know when I saw her blond hair
That she could ever be that way,
So tiny and small she seemed to have it all,
But she made me say, "Bitch, hey!'

"I'm getting rid of Britta…

"It isn't like I would ever hit her,
But I would sell her to the highest bidder,
She bought me out, she bruised my soul,
She lied to my heart, she left me less than whole.

"I'm getting rid of Britta…"


Sonntag, 22 Februar
The 88, "At Least It Was Here" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "At Least It Was Here" is the theme song to the television sitcom Community, in which I have become interested belatedly.

Gillian Jacobs Appreciation Day
I'm not saying that Gillian Jacobs, best known for playing Britta Perry on Community, is the most beautiful girl in the world, I'm just saying that a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments: