Wednesday, May 5, 2004

Hello, Kitty
I love you, Sammy, and I appreciate that you are old and needy, but I really can't have you standing on the keyboard. Of course, now he's sleeping in one of those positions that freaks me out, because sometimes I need to look very carefully before I can tell whether or not he's breathing. It is a terrible thing to grow old.

Hello, City
I'm going to visit Skeeter in NYC in July. I find that I have much greater incentive to follow through on things once I make my intentions public. The Last Angry Man in Gotham City. Angels and saints preserve us.

Speaking of "Hello City," it seems impossible that it's been eight years since Rock Spectacle. Why in the name of all that is dark and profane was "Another Postcard" the flagship single for Everything to Everyone? That song is AWFUL! "Maybe Katie," "Shopping," or "Celebrity" all would have been perfectly acceptable, and three minutes of silence would have bene better. Ye gods, did you guys want the album to fail commercially?

It's Cinco de Mayo and Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day, so much to celebrate....

No comments: